Saturday, August 7, 2010

Training Camp Here We Come!

Ahhhhh. I can just see it now. Fire-fly cocktails with little umbrellas bobbing up and down, as we sit with our feet buried in the sand while we watch the sunset melt into the ocean. Good friends, lots of laughs, and a nice girl's trip away at the beach.

NOT

Let's be real. This is the first of many Fitbird Training Camps in my future. Although I can fool myself into thinking it will be relaxing and filled with never-ending bottles of wine, I know better. This is going to be a long weekend of running, cycling, and open water swimming. I've seen some of the "toys" that Coach Canada has in store for us to "play" with. I've even heard rumors of a noodle being tied to my leg so I won't float away and drown while everyone else is training. I've seen the itinerary. Train, eat, train, eat, collapse, train. I've been told to pack every piece of gear I have, but to leave my shampoo at home. Why then am I so excited??

I have decided it is because I have learned to love suffering! Just when I think I have mastered it, Coach Canada brings me to a whole new level of it! I love to be pushed past my limits. I love to try things that are new and different. I love the adventure and the surprise of not knowing what is coming next! It's a sickness I believe, but I embrace it!

So this week I embark on a new journey with my Fitbird team. Our first training camp in preparation for the Santa Rosa Triathlon in October. 

Roadtrip begins Thursday... full story to follow.


1 comment:

  1. You are going to have an AWESOME time at training camp! I cannot wait to read all about it!

    ReplyDelete