Challenges of the Week:
- Keeping focused on the task at hand and not looking too far ahead. One workout at a time, one day at a time. Don't worry about tomorrow until tomorrow.
- Repetition, repetition, repetition. A doctor I used to work with always said that repetition was the best way to learn. I think she was right. After having just completed several 4000yd workouts of swim technique, drills, and speed work ~ I learned. I learned that although it was really hard, it was worth the effort. I see huge improvements in my performance.
- A brick workout of a 40 minute swim, a 90 minute bike, and a 45 minute run. Challenge = Happiness when it is all over.
|Protein and Probiotics. Recovery drink. NOLA finish line 2011 prep.|
- Believing in yourself makes all the difference in the world. When others believe in you too, it just intensifies the feeling. Having your efforts recognized is just icing on the cake.
- Riding a bicycle in gale force winds is hard to do, but hunkering down by a tree in a severe thunderstorm is just stupid... but pretty fun when you are with a good friend!
|Epic Ride: Canada and Coug|
- Pain can be overcome if you ignore it. Sometimes it likes to reappear or move to other places, but it can be overcome.
- I am getting pretty good at blowing snot rockets. 75% of the time now I miss my own shirt. I don't know if the percentage is that good for the person riding behind me...
|Coug and Grace. Thanks Buddy!|
- There is nothing better after a really hard workout than sharing a TCBY peanut butter shake with a friend.
Actual Time: 16:05:45 and still GREEN!