1. Climb Mount Everest
2. Scuba Dive
3. Travel the world
4. Set and beat a world record
Just the thought that I might have gotten him thinking about his own dreams and desires is a huge gift to me. I hope he continues to feel he can, and will, do everything he sets his mind to.
This years focus steers me away from triathlon for a bit into other areas that I have wanted to experience. I still hope to compete in some smaller races, but want to hit the trails and break out my mountain bike again...maybe even get an adventure race or two under my belt. I am exposing myself to new areas of interest and I hope they will spur on new passions and excitement for life!
So, now (drum roll)... the unveiling of Bucket List 2014:
Items that have already been achieved are listed in blue. Items in red are planned for this year. New items are in green. * mark the items accomplished in 2013.
- Write and publish a book.
- Remain happily married to the same man (ongoing).
- Have children.
- Obtain the rank of Black Belt in a martial art.
- Officially complete a Half-Ironman.
- Officially complete a Full-Ironman.*
- Go to Kona and watch the Ironman Championship.
- Go camping alone for a weekend.
- Get a cool tattoo I design myself to symbolize #7.
- Own a black Jeep Wrangler that I can put my road bike on the back of and a yellow lab in the front of!
- Own a convertible.
- Run a half-marathon.
- Run a full marathon * (I'll accept wogging it)
- Sail a boat around an island.
- Make a significant, life-changing difference in someone's life.
- Ride a horse on a tropical beach at sunset.
- Go on a mission trip in a foreign country.
- Swim with dolphins.
- Go to a Joan Jett concert.
- Converse in adequate Spanish in a foreign country in order to be understood and to understand conversation.
- Travel outside of the U.S. (in particular: Canada, Italy, Caribbean, Belize)
- Open my own business (and build it enough to financially cover my hobby expenses)
- Find my biological family.
- Watch the sunset with friends.*
- Rock climb and rappel a moderate size cliff.
- Go snow-skiing on real powder snow.
- Hike part of the Appalachian Trail.
- Snorkel around a tropical island.
- Scuba dive on vacation.
- Save someone's life; respond to an emergency situation.
- Watch a baby being born (got to watch my daughter's birth).
- Become a Certified Search and Rescue Canine Handler
- Learn to ride a horse.
I'm excited to get 2014 underway!