Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Eggplant Diary, A Vegetable's Journey to Coeur d' Alene: Preamble



What a strange yet intriguing name for a story, you say? Well, this is a strange and intriguing story. There are so many twists and turns I may lose you at times, but stick with it. This story is about the "not so" charmed and glorious journey of our dear Fitbird Leader, Coach Canada, as she prepares, trains, and then races in her second Ironman in Coeur d' Alene, Idaho. Don't assume this is just another training journal leading up to a big race, with minor ups and downs and a few setbacks. I've written that before. I've lived that usual journey during my half ironman training as I prepared for my race last April. This is a different kind of story. This story is about perseverance, mental toughness, and beating the odds... and that's just getting to today ~ the night before the flight out. This story is still unfolding, day by day. Don't jump ahead and predict the ending, because just when you think you know what is about to happen in the life of Canada, the unexpected occurs. As I write this, I don't even know how this story is going to end. And that's what makes it so intriguing.

The writing begins tonight, but the publishing to the blog will come in spurts as time allows during the trip. I believe photographs enhance the story so until I am able to upload photos, there will be a delay in the publishing of the story online. Be patient and know that however this story ends, it will surely be enthralling!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, but you can send photos via text or email or FB, so don't keep us in too much suspense! Have a great trip and RELAX :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting with bated breath! (another word of the day). Lizzard

    ReplyDelete