Thursday, January 10, 2013

Shock The Monkey Tour


Yep, that's right. You heard me. This Ironman Journey has now officially been dubbed the Shock The Monkey Ironman Tour 2013. Why? Why the hell not? I've had a monkey on my back for over a year now and that sucker has finally come off! 

It is obvious that race day is the end of this journey, but it is the training journey that is taking me over a year to complete. It is during this journey that I will be changing ~ mentally, physically, and spiritually in preparation for more of the same on race day. Triathlon training can be serious stuff. There is hard work to cut weight, build muscle, and improve skill. There are time sacrifices and juggling of schedules and priorities. There is so much seriousness to it all. That is where my training team comes in. To lighten things up, provide some laughs, keep things in perspective, and help me to maintain my mojo when times get hard.

I have the best support team a girl could ask for, and the best Sherpa who has embraced this journey of mine as if it were her own. I know that ultimately triathlon is an individual sport, but there is no doubt in my mind that I am on a team.

Hang around to see what antics are in store...



No comments:

Post a Comment